- Council of Elders
- Economic Development
- Emergency Response & Recovery
- Institutions and Organizations
- Fisheries and Wildlife
- In House Legal Counsel
- Lands and Resources
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Office of the CEO
- Programs and Services
- Special Assembly 2010
- Wilp Si'ayuukhl Nisga'a
- Photo Albums
- Get in Touch
- Search and Rescue Maps
Notice of Nomination Meeting in PRINCE RUPERT for 2012 Regular Election of Nisga'a Government
Date(s) and Time(s):
Thu Sep 6 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
NOTICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH NISGA’A LAW
Take note that a nomination meeting for the 2012 regular election of Nisga’a Government will be held at the following date, time and place:
Thursday, September 6, 2012
from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Prince Rupert Nisga’a Hall
860 3rd Avenue
Prince Rupert, B.C.
At the above nomination meeting, nominations may be made for the following elected offices:
- Officers of Nisga’a Lisims Government:
- Chairperson of the Council of Elders
- Prince Rupert /Port Edward Nisga’a Urban Local:
- Nisga’a Urban Local Representatives [two to be elected]
At the above nomination meeting, the Nisga’a Elections Officer will receive nominations for only the above elected offices.
- Nominees for all elected offices must be Nisga’a citizens and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Nominees for Nisga’a Urban Local Representative from the Prince Rupert/Port Edward Nisga’a Urban Local must ordinarily reside in the Prince Rupert/Port Edward Nisga’a Urban Local Area.
- At the above nomination meeting, a Nisga’a citizen listed on the Nisga’a Voters List as ordinarily residing in the Prince Rupert/Port Edward Nisga’a Urban Local Area may nominate or second the nomination of a person for any of the above elected offices.
- At the above nomination meeting, a Nisga’a citizen listed on the Nisga’a Voters List as not ordinarily residing in any voting area may nominate or second the nomination of a person for any of the elected offices of President, Chairperson, Secretary-Treasurer and Chairperson of the Council of Elders.
- Nominators and seconders must provide the Nisga’a Elections Officer with required nomination forms.
- Nominees must provide the Nisga’a Elections Officer with required acceptance forms current criminal records check, photograph and must pay a nomination deposit of $100 (only cash, money order or certified cheque payable to the Nisga’a Nation will be accepted), and written certification from the Director of Finance that the person’s name was not included on the register of prescribed debts as of the date of nomination.
For more information please contact: Jean Clayton
Nisga’a Elections Officer
Dated: August 7, 2012
|Notice of Nomination Mtg - Prince Rupert - Aug 7 12 (2).pdf||207.4 KB|